Dardara (Lentil Salad)
"Exclusively sold by Sabra
foods and a "specialty of the house" at our Sabra Restaurant in Newton (MA)."
I found this at a local shop in MA. (Sorry! I don't know about buying this elsewhere, I am looking now!) If you want to find it in your store? Click here.
Made with caramelized onion, Dardara makes a perfect garnish on any salad or as a side dish for any meal."
What's in it?
Lentils, Brown Rice, Caramelized Onions, Sea Salt, EEOO and Water. Simple. Good.
- Calories - 40
- Fat - 2
- Carbs - 5
- Fiber - 1
- Sugar - 1
- Protein - 1
This company makes a host of other products I must try, starting with the grape leaves.
So, yeah, that's a rave.
- Product - Dardara Lentil Salad
- Purchased - Local grocery store refrigerated section
- Price - I don't remember. I will take a stab at $2.99?
- Pros - 40 calorie serving, eating clean, very healthy, can't go wrong here.
- Cons - If you can't handle rice, sorry, it could bother your pouch (for the WLS crowd)
- Rating - Pouchworthy if you can handle grains.