60 calories, 15 grams of protein, and totally sugar and carb-free. Much easier to handle than the previous big twenty ounce glass bottles, yes? I would venture to assume this is targeted to bariatric babies, and those with compromised systems, taking in very little food.
Isopure Plus Zero Carb Protein Drink is ideal for diabetics and gastric bypass surgery patients as well as for anyone who wants to minimize their carb intake.
Isopure Plus 0 Carb features (per 8 oz. bottle):
• 15 grams of protein (100% pure whey protein isolate)
• Zero Fat
• Zero Carbs
• 60 Calories
• Lactose Free
• Gluten Free
On first glance, I am very happy to see this product as a reformulated eight ounce drink. The original Isopure in the glass bottles was one of my saving proteins as an early post-op, but twenty ounce glass bottles. Really.
The smell: slightly fruit punchy.
The texture: it's a clear liquid, not exactly h20, but more viscous, but juuuuust slightly. It's just a step above water. Please note this is coming from the girl who won't LOOK at Jello products without wretching. I know texture.) It's completely smooth of course, and entirely pleasant to my sensory integration system.
The taste: muted fruit punch, like diluted LIGHT Hawaiian Punch, but with whey! The protein is not quite evident, but you know it's there.
The aftertaste: There's a lack of protein after-tongue-feel. HOORAY. I do not feel the urge to brush my tongue.
- Product - isopure PLUS
- Via - http://isopureplus.com/
- Price - $2 each, $11-$12.99 per six pack,
- Available - At GastricBypassSupplements and found at netrition for $11.99 six pack
- Pros - 60 calories, 15 grams of pure whey protein, perfect supplemental protein nutrition for bariatric patients.
- Cons - None, really. I will try to find some.
- Rating - Absolutely pouchworthy MM