I still am Not A Fan. Completely ignoring the nutrition fact label, there's something about the taste of these bars. It's an oddly sour bite that I cannot lose, because otherwise, the texture is good, it's got a nice mix of crispy and chewy and every bar looks pretty damn good. But, something is sour.
I believe I called the first bar that I tried, mildew, but that was years ago, and if I recall correctly, I also had my first dumping outside of my own house experience on a Detour bar as well. I was working in a retail store in the summer of 2004, several months after my WLS, and during break, I ate most of a Detour bar and nearly died. I was only like 3-4 months post op, and I swore, never again.
Anyway! Back to the bar. I just ate two bites. Again, great texture, decent initial taste, chocolaty and caramel, like a candy-bar, but then, sour!
The bars I got are smaller, less calories, but same otherwise.
- Product - Detour Lower Sugar Bar Chocolate Chip Caramel.
- Price - I didn't pay attention
- Via- GNC
- Pros - Candy-bar like textures, lots of protein
- Cons - Weird protein sour flavor, high calories, lots of sugar alcohols and huge gas potential.
- Rating - Non-pouchworthy, MM