Every so often a product comes along that I toss EVERYTHING ELSE ASIDE to try. This showed up at my door yesterday and I forgot about everything I had ready to try, and I did this instead.
The stats -
- 10 grams of Whey Protein Isolate
- Fiber and electrolytes
- Sugar Free
- Gluten Free
- No artificial colors
- -Available in 4 fruit flavors - raspberry, grape, grapefruit and orange
I have the raspberry flavor. Here goes!
<bracing myself> Which was absolutely necessary after my LAST review. SHUDDER.
Okay. First off, this is described as a protein water. A protein replenishing drink, not a meal replacement or anything, but simply something to drink as a clear liquid supplement, to get you rehydrated! It's got some pretty good stats:
Straight up raspberry and no protein odor. OHTHANKGAWD. Another sniff. Raspberry. Very good. I am very cautious. I do not like the smell of whey.
And, guess what? THERE IS NO PROTEIN TASTE. It's very thin, akin to any fruit drink, but lighter and not very sweet.
I sit, I wait, I lick, I wait for the protein after feel and mouth feel. There isn't any. It could be that this product has just ten grams of protein that you just don't TASTE it or FEEL it. Which is fine. I'll take it. More, please. Thank you. I love you. That is all.
<chug chug chug chug> It's gone.
- Product - Muscle Milk® Protein H2O Hydrating Protein Beverage
- Via - Gastric Bypass Supplements
- Price - $24.95 case
- Pros - Only 60 calories, sugar-free, clear whey isolate protein supplementation, electrolyte rehydration, fiber for the pooping!
- Cons - None.
- Rating - Super Pouchworthy, MM.