I have been excited to try this product: Celebrate ENS - Multivitamin, Calcium + Protein Shake.
It intrigued me the moment I heard about it, because frankly, I am lazy. If someone is going to make a product that covers my nutritional and supplemental needs in an all-in-one formulation? Sign me up. (I jump on things-that-make-life-easier, you know that.)
Celebrate Vitamins created a protein shake with contains a high potency multivitamin, 500 mg of calcium citrate, and 25 g of whey isolate protein in each serving. Because? Lots of post WLS patients complain of texture, taste, and "how things feel" in their new anatomy, and this makes your vites and protein go down easy.
Celebrate tells us -
- Gastric Bypass / Sleeve Gastrectomy / Adjustable Gastric Band / Duodenal Switch
- Daily Dosage = 2 Scoops, 2X dailyCreated for surgical weight loss patients, our ENS (Essential Nutrient System) shake contains a high potency multivitamin, 500 mg of calcium citrate, and 25 g of whey isolate protein in each pack. Our integrated formula provides maximum solubility and ensures that the vitamins and minerals are readily bioavailable. This product is the best option for patients immediately following surgery.
- The vitamin and mineral content of each pack is equal to taking one chewable multivitamin, plus 500 mg of calcium, plus 25 g of protein.
- Due to the nature of the formulation, this product is appropriate for any surgical weight loss procedure. As with any of our other delivery systems, you may need additional supplementation based on surgery type.
- It is recommended to be blended with 8 oz of cold water, shaken, and consumed but can be mixed with as much or as little water as you want. It may also be mixed with milk.
- Each pack also contains 4 g of soluble fiber, added electrolytes and a 500 mg antioxidant blend, and a 200 mg green tea blend.
- Like our other products, taste is important and this has a delicious vanilla flavor that will make you think that you are drinking a glass of milk flavored like cake batter.
Who would benefit from this product?
1. Early post-operative patients - Since this may be diluted to taste, there are virtually no issues with taste aversion.
2. Athletes - If you are a surgery patient turned athlete, this can help to flavor that boring water that you need to drink. Water is critical and taking your vitamins and calcium while hydrating makes it easier.
3. Anyone looking for a convenient alternative to pills or chewables.
The nutrition -
I ripped into the packet, this product comes in big tubs and single-serve packets - I have the packets for review purposes -
The bubbles dissipated once the shake was in the glass for a minute, they were definitely a result of my over zealous shaking which was done as a precautionary measure. (I have lump issues, I can't have lumps in my protein shakes.)
Sniffing the shake, it's allllllll vanilla, but not like the previous foray into vanilla-land I described, this is your grandma's boxed cake mix vanilla. Oh yes.
I sipped it like wine, as I always do with shakes for review. SWISH SWISH SWISH. And, it's good. It's a very light vanilla-cakey flavor. The color is quite different than the taste -- not nearly as intense as I thought when I mixed it up. It's quite light, actually.
The texture is thin, with a touch of creaminess, but again, very light.
And, the obvious question? YOU CANNOT TASTE THE VITAMINS. *thumbsup*
I sort of chugged the shake back, because it was just eight ounces. That would make this perfect for a baby post op, early out of surgery, a little something to sip on that is getting vitamins and protein IN TO YOUR HEALING BODY. And for someone like me - lazy? Chugging back protein AND vitamins and not whining about it? WIN.
- Product - Celebrate ENS - Multivitamin, Calcium, & Protein Shake
- Price - $59.95 -Here's a price comparison to show you WHY this is totally worth it - Download ENS Comparison
- Via - Celebrate Vitamins
- Pros - Vitamins, Calcium, Electrolytes, Fiber, Energy, Protein!
- Cons - A little sugar, a touch of lip feel.
- Rating - Pouchworthy, MM.