This review is totally delayed because I already wrote it, published it, and my blog host ate it, weeks ago. I realized, that before I run OUT of these magical chewables, I should SHARE them with you!
I was told I could not quote Bariatric Advantage's CEO on this, however, it's been a while, he mighta forgot. He suggested that if I were a fan of the Chocolate Mint Truffle Chewable Multivitamins -- that the Vanilla? "Would make my toes curl." That's not a quote, I swear. ;)
And, it's the truth. I puffy hearted these the moment I chewed 'em.
In fact -- at ASMBS -- THIS HAPPENED.
The BTV gals and I, had a moment, with our vitamins.
Bariatric Advantage says -
- Comprehensive B Complex. This product contains all eight of the required B vitamins as well as the accessory nutrients choline and inositol. We provide additional B1 to help support patients in maintaining levels of this nutrient especially in the early months after surgery. We also include a full 800 micrograms of folic acid, to maintain healthy homocysteine levels and to support women who may get pregnant after surgery. Our B vitamins are entirely free of lactose, which supports patients who may develop lactose intolerance after surgery.
- Water-miscible Fat-soluble Vitamins. We use only water-miscible forms of vitamins A, E, D in all of our formulas. This may improve bioavailability. We also use only natural vitamin E for its superior bioavailability, and Vitamin D3, which is more bioactive than the D2 form.
- Calcium Citrate Calcium. carbonate, the most commonly use form, needs to combine with hydrochloric acid in the stomach to form calcium chloride in order to be properly absorbed. Calcium citrate, by contrast, can be well digested and absorbed at an pH. Because of decreased stomach acid after gastric bypass, duodenal switch, or sleeve gastrectomy calcium citrate is the preferred form of calcium supplement after weight loss surgery.
- Trace Element Support. All of our multivitamins contain comprehensive trace element support with selenium, zinc, copper, chromium, vanadium and more.
- Easy on the digestive system. Many nutrients, especially minerals like magnesium and zinc can be hard on the digestive system. We have opted for nutrient forms like zinc citrate and selenomethionine that are both well absorbed and easy on the gut.
- 100 percent sugar free. This formula is entirely free of all sugars. It is sweetened with Sucralose (Splenda¬Æ). Minimal ‚Äúother‚Äù ingredients. Our chewable multivitamins contain the minimal amount of low-allergen tableting materials needed to create a chewable product. There is no wheat, gluten, egg, or dairy in our formulas. We also do not include ingredients such as starch, talc, vegetable oils, waxes, or chemical dyes.
- Great Taste. We know that many people experience change in taste perception after weight loss surgery. Our flavors are selected by a focus group of post-operative patients to help assure that you will like them!
The stats -
Per 2 tablets
The experience. LOL. The thing about THESE? The aroma. They TOTALLY give you a smell experience of vanilla. Opening the bottle, it's a whiff-o-nilla.
The texture is a nice, crumbly-to-not-gritty finish. I prefer this "sugar-like" texture to many others -- because -- it's like sugar. But, isn't.
The taste is truly a sweet vanilla, ending with a touch of not-vanilla, it's not overwhelming like other vanilla product I have tried recently.
I'm impressed -- and I really enjoy these -- enough to take them right away.
(In fact -- side note that I shouldn't not really share -- I had a complex partial seizure, and during these my brain does rote activities, like looking for sugar/acting hypoglycemic -- I apparently got into these vites as they were my glucose tablets. O-O. They are no longer sitting OUT on my desk.)
Get you some.
Look - two positive reviews IN. A. ROW. Clearly, the world is ending. Send cash.
- Product - Bariatric Advantage Complete Multi Formula Chewable Vitamin in French Vanilla
- Price - $18.95/60
- Via - Bariatric Advantage
- Pros - Vitagasmic. Complete formula.
- Cons - Eating them like candy during a seizure.