Funny thing about this product -- I was ready to post a review about these particular chewable vitamins, and the company had a mad rush on it and sold nearly clear out. "Don't post yet! It's been too popular! WAIT!" I guess that means it's an automatic Pouchworthy, MM.
I was amused.
Celebrate makes a variety of tasty chewable vitamins for post bariatric patients, and this is one of the newest additions to the flavor family: Pineapple Strawberry.
Plus sweet, sweet...
When it comes to chewable multivitamins, there are two important things to consider, formulation and taste. No other bariatric multivitamin can compete with us on either. Developed specifically for surgical weight loss patients, Celebrate Bariatric Multivitamin provides the most thorough blend of vitamins and minerals available in a great tasting chewable. Our integrated formula provides maximum bioavailability as we have carefully selected each vitamin and mineral level and form to enhance interaction and absorption. Key things to look for in our multivitamin:
* Taste - When you have to take a product every day, it needs to be something that you like. Our Pineapple-Strawberry flavor chewable is unbeatable with a smooth texture (no grit) and great taste, it will be easy to maintain your compliance. This has a delicious pineapple flavor with just a hint of strawberry.
* Vitamin B-12 (cyanocobalamin) - With nearly 6,000% of the RDI of vitamin B-12, Celebrate Bariatric Multivitamin contains the highest level of B-12 available in a bariatric multivitamin. Studies have shown that at these levels, 95% of patients will NOT need additional sublingual B-12.
* B-Complex - In addition to vitamin B-12, the other b-complex vitamins are critical for your health following surgery. Certain B vitamins such as vitamin B1 (thiamin) are critical immediately following surgery and our multivitamin contains the most appropriate levels of each vitamin, in the proper form for bariatric surgery patients.
* Vitamin A - By blending pre-formed (retinyl palmitate) and beta-carotene to make up our vitamin A, we are providing the safest and most effective approach available for this key vitamin. This blend allows your body to regulate its intake of vitamin A, absorbing only what it needs to function properly.
*Magnesium - This critical mineral is most effective in the citrate form. Celebrate contains the highest percentage of magnesium citrate of any bariatric supplement.
* Chelated minerals - Chelation simply means, "attaching to". By chelating our mineral forms to amino acid, we have increased the likelihood that these minerals will be absorbed in a reduced acidic environment.
*Water Miscible ADEK - We utilize dry, water miscible forms of vitamins A, D, E, and K to further enhance absorption.
I tasted these vitamins a couple times prior to this review, at ASMBS and at the last Obesity Help Events, so this is not my first try. Here goes my attempt at pretending I haven't ever smelled them.
Biting the vitamin - it's sweet and a tad sour - delicious. You can taste both pineapple and a touch of berry, and like the other Celebrate Vitamins, it crumbles away into nice sugary texture. But, this product doesn't have any sugar, it's simply how it feels. Like. (Facebook has infiltrated my life. I am "liking" real life all too often.)
I must say that the initial flavor here - kicks ass. It's pineapple. This flavor profile would be awesome as the base of a protein shake. (Just saying for the sake of saying.)
The aftertaste is minor, as with most chewable vitamins, there's vitamins. But, I'm not at all displeased or running for a drink to "wash my mouth out." It was also simple to overdose for the sake of review -- I've just ingested three chewable vitamins with ease and enjoyed them.
The stats -
- Product - Celebrate Multivitamin Chewable Pineapple Strawberry
- Via - Celebrate Vitamins
- Price - $15.95 for a 30 day supply
- Pros - Sweet mother of pineapple! Easy to take.
- Cons - ?
- Rating - Pouchworthy, MM.