I have been drinking a variation of this pumpkin protein shake at my gym since before Thanksgiving -- and I adore it. I finally decided that since my kitchen is (...it is a long story) finally half-complete -- the blender is coming back out.
- 1-2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (30 calories per cup)
- 1/4 cup real pumpkin puree
- 1 serving low-carb vanilla (... or cinnamon, oatmeal, coookie, the possibilities here are pretty endless...) flavored protein powder, any brand will do, low sugar, low carb!
- cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon to taste or "pumpkin pie spice" would work, just a few shakes, less is more - to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sugar free maple syrup
- Splenda or Stevia if needed
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Crushed ice
1. Pour all ingredients into blender, blend.