- Exercising for four hours a day and following a strict diet can yield the same results as weight loss surgery, a leading doctor has claimed.
- Dr Robert Huizenga, of UCLA, says his extreme diet and exercise plan should replace bariatric surgery as a treatment for obesity.
- He says bariatric surgery is expensive and carries risks of death, muscle loss, bone thinning and mental health issues.
- His 'Biggest Loser' weight loss plan, which was made famous by the hit TV show of the same name, helps people lose the same amount of weight and is cheaper than surgery, he claims
- Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3014400/Weight-loss-surgery-waste-time-results-dieting-exercising-FOUR-hours-day-leading-expert-claims.html#ixzz3VgUVnXve
Dr. H says that "we" watch TV for four hours day, surely we have time to exercise that long, but FRANKLY, I DON'T WANT TO.
I am LAZY.
Do you honestly think I would have even considered it at my former size at ALL? NO freaking way. I am in a normal body weight range right now and there is zero point zero chance of getting me to exercise aerobically four hours daily -- at 320 lbs -- I would have sooner had weight loss surgery -- and I DID. Eleven years ago. LOL. It worked.